Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Shake

Chocolate Raspberry Shake
I love shakes to whip up a low carb shake when I'm feeling naughty and think that I NEED ice cream.  It's so thick and creamy while being filling and satisfying.  This is another variation of this BASIC SHAKE (I've also posted a fabulous CHUNKY MONKEY version).  Oh what a nice flavor combination chocolate and raspberry are together.  If you can get your hands on some sugar free raspberry syrup, then definitely try this flavor combo.  If you can't, then you can sub any flavor that you can find but it won't be quite as magical.  I love that you get instant gratification with a shake when you really need that sweet treat.  No waiting for something to bake or freeze.  Just throw in the blender or Magic Bullet or whatever and ta-da!

4 STARS
1 serving
5.5 net carbs per serving

3 oz full fat cream cheese, softened in microwave
1/2 cup egg substitute, full fat original flavor (EggBeaters)
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 TBSP Sugar Free Raspberry syrup (I used Torani brand)

1 TBSP granular Splenda

2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4 ice cubes

Blend everything but ice together for approximately 30 seconds.  Add ice and blend until it is a shake-like consistency.
 



4 comments:

  1. Hello, I really like your recipes with the exception of splenda. Splenda is really bad for you. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/12/03/sucralose-dangers.aspx

    I'm interested to know your thoughts on this.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your opinion Mandy. However, I can also find many articles that states Splenda is safe as well as articles that state the alternatives are not good as well. There seems to be an artificial sweetener war going on right now. Splenda is my sweetener of choice but feel free to change it out to whatever your preference is.

      Delete
  2. Since I have changed to a low carb lifestyle I have made many many low carb desserts! This by far is one of my favorites. I could not believe how well this turned out. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete