Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Monterey Chicken

Monterey Chicken
You know this is good just by looking at that picture.  Seriously, anything covered in bacon and cheese is good.  I bet you aren't even reading this.  There's no need, the photo says it all.  From All Things Simple.

Oh, and if you are reading, this is VERY similar to my BBQ Cheddar Bacon Chicken except for the different cheese type and the addition of Rotel.  Try both!

4 STARS
4 servings
3 net carbs per serving


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup low carb bar-b-que sauce (I used Kraft Light)
1/4 cup real bacon bits
1 cup colby and jack cheese, shredded (I didn't have so used cheddar)
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained (some store brands are lower carb than Rotel, check labels)
1 sliced green onion

pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with pepper (no salt, toppings are salty enough). Grill or pan fry chicken until no long pink and place on baking sheet covered with foil (or casserole dish). Top each chicken breast with one TBSP bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup tomatoes, one tablespoon of bacon bits, and green onions. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right?! Those low calorie girls can drool while we eat our cheese!

      Delete
  2. I am KICKING myself for not seeing this last night! I tried bacon and cheese smothered chicken and I just wasn't happy with it. It was 'missing' something. Looks like I found what I was looking for! Thanks so much! Fabulous as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know, cheese and bacon are pretty spectacular so I can't imagine it was too bad. :) This is the 3rd recipe I've posted that's chicken, cheese and bacon! LOL Check I have one just like this but cheddar cheese and no rotel, then another that is Laughing Cow cheese and bacon. Yum! Check out the Chicken label on the right side of the page for more ideas.

      Delete
  3. Have you ever tried cooking the chicken entirely in the oven first and then maybe the last 5 minutes add all the other stuff? I'm just wondering if that would work instead, I don't like cooking chicken in the skillet (I'm weird;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but I think it would be fabulous! You just have to be careful as chicken breasts tend to dry out in the oven, but since you prefer that method you probably already have your technique down.

      Delete