Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Individual Cheesecakes

Pinay called these the "Ugliest Cheesecake Ever".  I have to agree that they are pretty ugly but they are really good.  It doesn't bother me at all that they are ugly as the taste more than makes up for it.  If you would like to pretty them up and are past the Induction Phase, you can add a thin layer of no sugar added preserves to the top to hide the blemishes.  My hubs (carb lover) said this was the best low carb dessert item I've made so far.  That's saying a lot since I'm still in love with this Peanut Butter Fudge.  The portion control of these is really great versus making an entire cheesecake and having it stare at you in the fridge. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
12 servings
3.63 net carbs per serving

16oz full fat regular block cream cheese
1 cup granular Splenda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp full fat regular sour cream
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 325 and add cupcake liners to a 12 cup muffin pan.  With a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Slowly incorporate the Splenda, blending well.  Stop using the mixer and switch to a wooden spoon.  Add vanilla, lemon juice and sour cream.  Blend just enough to mix the ingredients.  Add the eggs one at a time, gently mixing after each.  Divide batter into the 12 cups (I like to use an ice cream scooper for this).  Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.  Let sit and cool for 30 minutes then transfer to fridge and cool for at least 2 hours before eating.  Tr to stop at just one!

8 comments:

  1. I made these and the peanut butter fudge and loved them both! Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, I'm so glad you liked both recipes! Those are two of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. How many net carbs per serving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!!! these are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I calculated the carbs. 2.2 per serving with 1.5 being sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if you use liquid splenda. Wouldnt that drop the carb count down?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I use something else instead of lemon juice? Allergic to all citrus... :(

    ReplyDelete