Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hamburger Cabbage Stir-Fry

Hamburger Cabbage Stir-Fry
I had a head of cabbage that needed eaten so this recipe from Linda was right up my alley.  Linda said that at Low Carb Friends they call this Crack Slaw.  I thought it was good for a quick, easy one skillet meal but not really addicting like they are insinuating.  The light sauce from the soy, sesame and seasonings was pretty yummy and perked this dish up a bit though.  The Hubs thought it was good but none of the kids liked it.  The best response from them is the Boy said it was "ok".  I've never been able to get them too excited about cabbage though so the "ok" response is actually pretty decent of a review. :) *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

3 STARS
6 servings
4.5 net carbs per serving

1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small head of of cabbage, chopped
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP sesame oil (I have toasted sesame oil and thought it added a nice flavor)
Pinch of powdered ginger
Pinch of cayenne, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp Splenda
1 bunch green onions, chopped


In a very large skillet or wok, brown the ground beef with the garlic and a little salt and pepper.  DO NOT drain the ground beef.  Add the cabbage and mushrooms.  Stir-fry until the cabbage is tender-crisp.  Add all remaining ingredients and heat through.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

18 comments:

  1. This seems very yummy! Perfect to throw in a bowl and eat in front of the TV too ;) Thank you for this recipe Layla!

    And congrats to the "ok" response from one of the kids ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You must have kids to understand that sometimes being told "ok" and actually eating the dinner is considered a great review!

      Delete
    2. Great recipe. I made a few changes AZ in adding more soy sauce and sesame oil to taste. I also put in 1 bouillon Cube for flavor. I put in one whole sweet onion also. I skipped the mushroom since I didn't have any. We love this dish and it's a great dish to play with and make it your own. The extra sauces create more of a juice to flavor the cabbage. It's delicious

      Delete
  2. My husband and I really enjoy this recipe! And it gave a great excuse to finally use the wok we got for our wedding. Thank you so much for posting this!! We really do love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mallory! I'm so glad you liked it! I get excited when I get to pull out a seldom used kitchen tool.

      Delete
  3. After the great experience with your jalapeno popper chicken on Monday, we tried this recipe last night. I didn't have any cayenne so we used sriracha. Another delicious recipe! We love cabbage (and sriracha) and it is great to have another ground beef recipe in the line up! Thanks again for making re-induction a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! The sriracha sounds even better than using cayenne!

      Delete
    2. How much sriracha?

      Delete
  4. Made this for dinner tonight and it was awesome :-)
    Definitely a keeper!



    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made this twice,,,very good and easy to prepare!!

    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I replaced beef with ground turkey breast and added 2oz of chorizo ... Very tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wonder if mix vegetable will go with it"s snowing in charlotte on friday January 6 2017 which is one day before original Christmas please answer someone i need help with my soup thanks and have avery bless day.

      Delete
  7. OMG!!!! This was FAN FRICKEN TASTIC!!! I used ground turkey, (the price of beef is crazy, so I am using more turkey/chicken), I realized once I started making it, I had no cayanne pepper, so I used the red pepper flakes I had. When I went to the grocery store this morning to get the items I needed, they did not have any green onions, (they were on sale, evidently everybody needed some), so I just chopped an onion. I will most DEFINATELY make this again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. myfittness pal wants calories? Do you have this information? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trying this tonight since I just realized it's chinese new year, and I happen to have everything on hand. I'll probably add celery and onions .... more like a chop suey I suppose.

    ReplyDelete