Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Creamy Dijon Mushroom Green Beans

Creamy Dijon Mushroom Green Beans
I just love cooking with Laughing Cow cheeses.  They make such nice cream sauces.  I would have removed the dijon, added some pork rind crumbs and stuck it in the oven to make it a green bean casserole if I'd had french cut green beans.  Gotta be french cut to really remind me of that classic comfort food.  This was so good and creamy with just a hint of dijon to perk it up.  A nice change of pace from the basic steamed green beans that makes it to our plates a little too often.  Of course this would be excellent with onions and bacon thrown in but I feel like I use those a little too much (is it possible to cook with too much bacon??) so I refrained. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
5 servings
5 net carbs per serving

1 bag frozen green beans (of course you can use fresh but steam accordingly)
3 wedges of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Spread
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 can mushrooms  (of course you can use fresh but cook accordingly)
salt and pepper to taste


Cook/steam green beans using your preferred method.  I like to microwave them with a couple of TBSP of water for 6 minutes, stir then 3 more minutes.  Meanwhile, chop up Laughing Cow and melt in large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly.  At this point you will look at the mess in your skillet and think that I am crazy.  Just trust me on this.  When the Laughing Cow looks sort of melted, add the whipping cream.  Keep stirring until it develops into a beautiful cream sauce.  Add mushrooms, green beans, dijon, salt and pepper.  Stir together until warmed through.

2 comments:

  1. How many carbs per serving would say this has? Looks YUMMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon! I have it listed as 5 net carbs per serving (carbs counts are listed just under the star rating above). Hope you like it!

      Delete