Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, June 11, 2012

Lemon Cucumber Spa-Water Popsicle

Lemon Cucumber Spa Water Pops
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!  Cucumber and lemon together is oh so refreshing.  Put that on a popsicle stick and you have some magic right there.  A big thank you to Family Fresh Cooking for the recipe.  I've made a couple of popsicle recipes lately but they are always heavy cream based.  Not that creamsicles aren't fabulous, but these melon cucumber pops are just so refreshing and relaxing feeling.  I added just a little Splenda, not enough to make these overly sweet but enough to take the edge off the lemon.  If you can't go to the spa, have the spa come to you with one of these refreshing treats! *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*
-UPDATE- My father (also a low carber!) would like to add that these are amazing with a little cayenne thrown in.  Nothing like the cool of cucumber and the kick of cayenne.  Try it if you dare...

5 STARS
4 servings
2.6 net carbs per serving

1/2 cucumber
juice of one lemon
1 TBSP Splenda
1/2 cup water
1 cup ice


First thing first is to de-seed the cucumber.  Cut the cucumber in fourths, length wise.  It should now resemble pickle spears.  Gently cut down the point of each spear, cutting off the seeds.  Coarsely chop the cucumber.  Throw the de-seeded cucumber along with everything else in a blender and gently blend, just enough to break up ice and chop the cucumber, and form a slush (make a slush before putting into mold helps to distribute the cucumber within the popsicle.  Pour into molds.  Freeze for at least 3 hours.


8 comments:

  1. Did you also peal the cucumber?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diva! I left the peel on. I'm not sure it would quite be as cucumber-y if the peel wasn't there. It might make them a smoother popsicle though. Hmmm...I might have to try it next time.

      Delete
  2. Thank you sooo much... I made these last night and OMG...I drank the leftover mix...Yummy...next I'll try this with strawberries or watermelon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them! Both of your ideas sound fantastic! I don't know if this would be too odd but I once had a Watermelon Basil cocktail that was amazing and might be a funky popsicle flavor.

      Delete
  3. Watermelon Basil sounds fantastic. I was just about to let you know that I made these yesterday and what a great idea they are but now I'm memorized by the thought of watermelon basil. And me with a huge basil plant growing mere steps away. sigh. Anyhow. I made these last night and YUM! The one thing I did differently was that I used stevia (2 tsp). I probably should have either used a little more or used a little less lemon. My two lemons equated to over 1/2 cup of juice. Also, now that I read the comments here, I didn't even think to leave the peel on. I was thinking I should up the cucumber but maybe next time I'll just leave the peel on! Plus they look prettier that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had some juicy lemons! I think the sweetener is a personal choice as I know some people prefer this recipe with more and some prefer without any at all. I still haven't made watermelon basil but it's still mouth watering every time I think of it. I need to get on that one.

      Delete
  4. I found the tiniest, dumbest popsicle molds today!

    Oh well, they'll do. I just blended a batch of this and it is in the freezer. I had extra mix, though (due to dumb, small molds), and my husband and I got to enjoy the slushy goodness. It is SO GOOD! What a refreshing drink. I'd drink a Big Gulp of it easily. Thank you, Layla! <3

    Can't wait for the actual frozen ones.

    ReplyDelete