Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, June 25, 2012

Melt in Your Mouth Chicken

Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
I had such high hopes for this chicken considering the 4.5 star rating on the Food.com original recipe.  I thought it was ok, my Hubs thought it was ok.  However the kids really like it.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't special.  Don't take my word for it though as 4.5 stars on Food.com shows that lots of other people thought this was amazing!  Also, in my opinion it was way too salty so I reduced the salt when I wrote it below.  I think it has potential but needed some additional spices.  Play it up with your favorites and let me know what you think!

3 STARS
4 servings
4.25 net carbs per serving




  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix mayo, cheese and seasonings together.  Place chicken breasts in baking pan and spread mayo mixture over the top of each one.  Bake for 45 minutes.
  •   
  • 6 comments:

    1. We had a recipe similar to this before and we made it with thighs and I thought it came out really good. The problem with a lot of "breast" recipes is that it doesn't take to dry out white meat. Many of them that I have tried have ended up overcooked in my opinion. I think the dark meat is a little more forgiving.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree that breasts can dry out quickly. These were quite moist because of the mayo covering. I'm not really a fan of dark meat but thighs sound like a great idea. I'm sure it would truly be "Melt In Your Mouth" chicken when made with thighs.

        Delete
    2. I used chicken tenders for this recipe. And I'll tell you the trick to this is to cook at high heat, quickly. I cooked it at 450 for about 20-25 min. This keeps it from getting that soggy feel to it. Everyone loved it! And I also used Parmesan cheese NOT from the can. But fresh or frozen grated. Made all the difference. It took a not so great first try to figure this out..the second time around. lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm not a fan of canned or pre-shredded parmesan either. Thanks for the tip about the high heat. I'll have to try that next time to see if I can get it to crust better.

        Delete
    3. I made mine the way jdzoo6 suggested and they came out brown and crispy on the top. Thanks for the recipie

      ReplyDelete