Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chicken in a Caper Cream Sauce

Chicken in a Caper Cream Sauce
This was sooooooo simple to make but doesn't it look beautiful?  The family asked for "regular lasagna" so I complied but knew I'd have to come up with something for myself.  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and knew it was right up my alley.  I love me some cream sauces!  It's something that still feels sinful after so many years of thinking they were evil on low fat/low calorie diets.  Don't skimp on the seasonings because they are what really makes the flavor of the sauce when you deglaze the pan with heavy cream.  I thought it was just a tiny bit salty so use your own judgement on whether to reduce the amount.  I tend to think quite a few recipes are too salty so I think I'm overly sensitive.  This recipe only takes 3 more minutes than a basic skillet chicken breast so go that extra step and make this fabulous cream sauce! *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
4 servings
1.5 net carbs per serving


4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tsp lemon pepper (some brands add sugar so read labels)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
3 TBSP butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 TBSP capers, drained and rinsed (I didn't rinse as I like the vinegar)


Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper, salt, dill weed and garlic powder.  Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Place breasts in skillet and sear each side until brown, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until juices run clear, about 5 additional minutes.  Remove chicken and put on serving platter.  With skillet still on burner on medium high, Whisk in whipping cream, whisking continuously about 3 minutes, until sauce is reduced.  Remove from heat, stir in capers.  Pour sauce over chicken and serve.

11 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I will definitely be trying this one. Sounds like the chicken from Buca, but better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
    2. HI! I just wanted to take a quick sec to tell you that I FINALLY tried this, and WOW! So good!!!
      llamamama

      Delete
    3. I have been sharing all my favorite recipes with my family on my blog. I hope it is okay if I share your recipe - giving full credit to you, of course. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW I just made this and like you left the caper "juice"it was so good. This will be on my weekly list of meal.. thanks kindly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This was the BEST chicken I have ever had in my life. It was sooooo tender it was unbelievable! I will be making this weekly and sending it to all of my friends! Thank you so very much for posting this wonderful recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for dinner, and it was yummy. I do not usually like breast meat because I always over cook it. I had to cook a little longer than 5 minutes after browned, but the breast I made were pretty thick. That being said, everyone LOVED IT !!

    ReplyDelete