Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Parmesan Dill Crackers

Parmesan Dill Crackers
So I was standing in the pantry, staring at all of the sugary-carby snacks I have in there for my Hubs and kids.  I think some of them were whispering "Eat me, choose me, I'm so good".  I then remembered these crackers that my Dad told me about last time he came to visit (also a low carber!).  They were easy to make and really hit the spot.  I make crackers alot but they are usually my CHEESE CRACKERS and I was getting bored with them.  These parmesan dill crackers were a nice change of pace and I was impressed with the crisp little snap that these gave, almost like "real crackers".  You could change up the dill for rosemary, garlic powder, or anything that sounds good at the moment.  Tomorrow I think I'm going to make a larger batch to make sure to have some around when snack cravings hit. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
1 serving of 10 crackers
1.4 net carbs per serving

1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp dried dill weed
dash of salt (optional as parmesan cheese is salty on it's own)


Mix parmesan, dill and salt together.  Remove the turntable from your microwave and line with parchment paper.  I used a mini cookie cutter to form the crackers.  If you don't have one, just try to find some sort of small circular or square ring.  Lightly press some of the parmesan mixture into the mold, forming the crackers onto the parchment paper.  Put your turntable back into your microwave with the crackers formed on it.  Microwave until crisp but not burnt.  Forty seconds was perfect for my microwave but times will vary according to your specific microwave.

4 comments:

  1. Great but I wouldn't add the dash of salt next time...plenty salty with the cheese. :) Delicious and crispy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I debated adding it in or not when I writing the post. I think I'll update with an Optional tag on the salt. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much for this recipe! I finally can enjoy crunchy "crackers" with my cheese and French onion dip :)

    ReplyDelete