Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Friday, December 7, 2012

Fat Fast Meal Planner Day 4

BACON!
Ahhh day 4.  I got on the scale this morning and lost .7 pounds from yesterday.  That puts me at 3.3 pounds lost so far during the fat fast.  Today went a bit wonky for me.  I stuck with the fat fast but I didn't eat the items I had intended.  Below I posted the menu I intended to eat as well as what I actually ate.  I made the mac and cheese recipe below and thought it was disgusting so I threw it away and grabbed 2 oz of cream cheese out of the fridge.  I then got home much later than I anticipated so instead of frying up the pecan halves, I just grabbed an ounce of macadamia nuts.  Crazy busy day and I had to improvise but I made good choices while improvising!  I didn't realize that I didn't eat enough today until I was revising my fatsecret.com tracker at 11pm so it is too late to grab something else to help with the calorie deficit.  Oops.

Day 4 INTENDED Meal Plan


Fat Fast day 4: 999 calories 98g fat 6.74net carbs – 6% carbs, 88% fat, 6% protein

o   Coffee with ¼ c whipping cream 108c 93%fat
o   3 slices bacon 130cal 69%fat
o   1 ounce pecan halved, fried in butter 197cal 98%fat
o   1 oz macadamia nuts 204c 95%fat
o   Fat Fast Mac-and-Cheese 360cal 85%fat
§  1 packet  tofu shirataki, preferably fettuccine width
§  2 tablespoons  heavy cream
§  1 tablespoon  whipped cream cheese
§  1 /4 c shredded  cheddar cheese
§  ½ tablespoon  coconut oil
·         Drain and rinse 1 packet of tofu shirataki — I like the fettuccine width or the hard-to-find macaroni version.  Put ‘em in a bowl, and nuke them on high for 90 seconds or so.  Drain them again.  Nuke them again.  Drain them again.  This should get the excess water out of them.  Add everything else to the bowl, and stir till the cheese melts and you have a smooth sauce.  That’s all!


Day 4 ACTUAL Meal Plan


Fat Fast day 4: 640 calories 62g fat 4.35 net carbs 4% carbs, 88% fat, 8% protein

o   Coffee with ¼ c whipping cream 108c 93%fat
o   3 slices bacon 130cal 69%fat
o   1 oz macadamia nuts 204c 95%fat
o   2 oz cream cheese 198c 90%fat

**Fat Fast Day 1: Fat Fast Day 1 Meal Planner
**Fat Fast Day 2: Fat Fast Day 2 Meal Planner
**Fat Fast Day 3: Fat Fast Day 3 Meal Planner
**Fat Fast Day 5: Fat Fast Day 5 Meal Planner

21 comments:

  1. I have never heard of frying pecans, but that sounds interesting. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either and was excited to give it a try but my day just didn't allow me to take the time. I have it as part of todays menu (day 5) so you'll find out tomorrow what I think of them!

      Delete
  2. Is the link for Day 5 not working- or is it supposed to be the same as day4?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to day 5?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do u eat after a fatfast to maintain or continue losing the weight?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, let me understand this. EACH day's menu is an entire day worth of food? You don't each each menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner, right? The food listed is for the entire day? And yes, where is day 5? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's a whole day's worth of food. You only do it for 3-5 days because as you might notice there is not enough protein to sustain you for longer than that. It's just a short-term thing you can do off and on to break stalls and also get used to smaller portions. It's a great reset I have used for years.

      Delete
    2. I tried to check out your day 5 and it keeps linking me back to day 4. Did you just repeat day 4 on day 5?

      Delete
  6. I have been on the fat fast for four days and lost about 9 pounds. It's the first time I have tried it despite going low carb for the past four years. It is surprisingly easy. My meals are as follws: 1 coffee with a tablespoon of heavy cream and three slices of bacon chopped and served in the grease, 2 one oz of cream cheese on a spoon, 3 half an avocado with one tablespoon sour cream, 4 two tablespoons almond butter on a spoon, 5 either the avocado or the bacon again. Sometimes I will have three tablespoons sour cream and dip a few pork rinds in it, or I'll make jello in 1/2 cup servings with three tablespoons heavy cream whipped up. I think if you have a lot to lose and you can stand it you could do three days at the usual 1000 cal 90% fat and one day at 1500 cal 75% fat and just keep cycling to make sure you get in enough protein. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happened to Day 5?? Cannot open it to see the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Day 5:
    http://www.lowcarblayla.blogspot.com/2012/12/fat-fast-meal-planner-day-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fat Fast Day 5:
    970 calories 94g fat 4.98 net carbs 2% carbs, 88%fat, 10% protein
    o Coffee with ¼ c whipping cream 108c 93%fat
    o 3 slices bacon 130cal 69%fat
    o 1 ounce pecan halved, fried in butter 197cal 98%fat
    o 1 egg & 1 egg yolk scrambled with 1 TBSP whipping cream and 1 TBSP coconut oil 308c 86%fat
    o 2 servings sugar free jello with ½ cup whipped whipping cream 227c 88%fat

    http://www.lowcarblayla.blogspot.com/2012/12/fat-fast-meal-planner-day-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you use any combination of the foods listed in all 5 days? Such as, if one desired the egg, bacon, and jello/cream, could they just cycle those desired combinations throughout instead of eating the cream cheese and nuts? Could one have coffee and cream, jello and cream for the 5 meals in a day for each of the 5 days? etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can eat any combination of foods as long as you apply the "fat fast" rules which are 80% or more of your calories from fat and 1000 calories per day total.

      Delete
  11. How much butter is used to fry the pecan nuts.....1 tablespoon???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am allergic to macadamias. What could I replace them with?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have made seasoned pecans in butter before. Basically the same as your fried pecans, except you add some garlic powder, onion powder and salt and red pepper to the mix. DELICIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't remember where I found this recipe. It seems to work for the fat fast though, and sure does beat plain ol' cream cheese:

    Low Carb Jello Cheese Cake

    Minutes to Prepare: 10

    INGREDIENTS:
    1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
    8oz Cream Cheese
    1 box Sugar Free Jello

    DIRECTIONS:
    Soften cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds before usage.
    In a bowl beat the Heavy Whipping Cream until soft peaks for then add the Sugar Free Jello and blend until well mixed. Then added the Cream Cheese and beat until completely mixed and soft. Then Serve.

    Number of Servings: 6

    Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 165
    Total Fat: 15.4 g
    Cholesterol: 54.0 mg
    Sodium: 207.6 mg
    Total Carbs: 1.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
    Protein: 3.7 g

    I put together a big text file of recipes I found for fat fast, and although this one wasn't in my original file, it is in there now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. is the jello made first or you just add the powder?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Frying pecans with cinnamon and a little sugar-free sweetener of your choice is also delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete