Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fat Fast Meal Planner Day 2

Boursin Mushrooms
Day 2 of the fat fast!  I've lost .9 pounds so far.  Just shy of 1 pound in 1 day!  Food did consume my thoughts today though.  I was having some difficulties during the afternoon.  I held it together though by having a glass of plain unsweetened tea.  It wasn't like real food but I was able to stall myself enough until it was time to eat again.  The photo above is the mushrooms sauteed in butter then Boursin spread melted in.  This was my favorite meal of the day and I will probably incorporate it into a regular side dish when I'm back to my normal low carb life.

Day 2 Fat Fast Meal Plan


Fat Fast day 2: 1078 calories 105g fat 9.04 net carbs – 5% carbs, 88% fat, 7% protein

o   Coffee with ¼ cup whipping cream 108cal 93%fat
o   1 egg & 1 egg yolk scrambled with 1 TBSP whipping cream and 1 TBSP coconut oil 308cal 86%fat
o   4 oz sliced mushrooms, sautéed in 1 TBSP butter with 1 TBSP Boursin melted in 187 cal 86% fat
o   1 oz macadamia nuts 204cal 95%fat
o   2 oz cream cheese 198cal 90%fat
o   2 servings sugar free jello with ¼ cup whipped whipping cream 124cal 88%fat     

**Day 1 Fat Fast: Day 1 Fat Fast Meal Planner
**Day 3 Fat Fast: Day 3 Fat Fast Meal Planner
**Day 4 Fat Fast: Day 4 Fat Fast Meal Planner
**Fat Fast Day 5: Fat Fast Day 5 Meal Planner

9 comments:

  1. How did you eat the 2 oz of the cream cheese? With the nuts or just plain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first day I ate it plain in big spoonfuls. This second day I smashed it out into a thin layer and put on Mrs. Dash (a reader suggested it) and a sprinkle of seasoned salt. It made it taste much better, almost like an everything bagel, minus the bagel.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for sharing this ! I've thought of doing the fat fast and have read about it just didn't know where to start. Looking forward to giving it a try myself and your continued success with it !

      Delete
  2. at what times did you eat what items?

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you tried making pepperoni chips and eating the cream cheese with that? I've done that in a fat fast and it works amazingly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! How many pepperoni chips do you have with the cream cheese (do you change the amt of cream cheese?)

      Delete
  4. HI there!!!! I am so excited to try your meals for a fat fast next week. I don't drink coffee. Is there something else I can use? Maybe green tea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    What type if whipped cream did you use? And did you use any sweetener at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to try this, as I've had zero success on Induction after three weeks. Rub is I'm allergic to nuts; any ideas instead of the macadamias and peanut butter? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete