Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes
Oh these were good!  The batter made two large pancakes that were extremely filling.  I wasn't hungry for lunch after having these for breakfast.  Feel free to pour a little sugar free pancake syrup over them but I didn't think it was needed.  I just added a pat of butter to the top and thought they were great! *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

5 STARS
1 serving
6.25 net carbs per serving

2 oz cream cheese, softened in microwave
2 eggs
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 TBSP golden flax meal
2 TBSP canned pure pumpkin puree
1 TBSP water
1 TBSP Splenda (or sweetener or choice)

Beat together thoroughly (NO LUMPS so make sure that cream cheese is very soft).  Pour on a cooking-sprayed skillet that has been pre-heated on medium.  Cook for about 4 minutes, or until underside is browned, then flip for another 1-2 minutes.


18 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe! I love pumpkin pancake and was missing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great....are 2 pancakes one serving ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so good I made them twice today! Thanks for your awesome & yummy recipes for all of us doing low carb. it's so nice to be able to maintain variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess my Medium setting on my stove was too high, because these browned very quickly and did not cook through. The flavor was pretty good and with some butter and SF pancake syrup was pretty damn good. Next time, I will try different flavorings with the pumpkin and will cook it at a lower temp. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed even though the cooking directions didn't quite work for your stove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Layla. These sound wonderful; LOVE pumpkin pancakes.
    How many pancakes in a serving, please?

    Thanks!
    Jan M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use an electric skillet warmed to 350* and waited exactly 4 minutes to turn and they turned out perfect. I think you may have tried to turn them too soon.

      Delete
  7. is 2 pancakes 1 serving?? thanks! can't wait to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I doubled this and made some for tomorrow morning :) I had trouble flipping them....but they still tasted good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it says at the top the whole recipe is one serving

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need calories, fat, carbs and fiber content, please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What about syrup? Any good sugar free to recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Walden farms pancake syrup, sugar and calorie free

      Delete
    2. Aunt Jamima makes a delicous sugar free syrup!

      Delete
    3. Aunt Jamima makes a delicous sugar free syrup!

      Delete
  12. I made these this morning and mine made 4 medium size pancakes. I only ate 2 and am so glad I did for when I put the ingredients into a calories in a recipe search, the total net carbs came to 18.4. A real bummer! So glad I only ate 2 with the carbs being at 9, but still costly for I don't usually eat half my carbs in 1 meal. *sigh* Delicious though.


    Calories 468, Total Fat 34g, Total Carbs 22.1, Dietary Fiber 3.7, Sugars, 14.2, Protein 19.





















    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how the above poster arrived at their carb count
    2 oz cream cheese has 2.3 grams of carbs all of which are sugar
    2 eggs total carbs 1.2 of sugars
    2 tbls Bobs Red MIll Flaxseed meal, has 4 grams of carbs all of which are fiber
    2 tbls pumpkin has 2 grams if carbs one of which is fiber so 1 gram net

    So I get 6 grams of net carbs for the total recipe which is pretty much spot on with the stated amount

    ReplyDelete