Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cheddar Burger with Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions

Cheddar Burger with Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
Another meal in the series of Atkins.com meal suggestions!  As a bit of an experiment I used the Atkins.com Customize-able Meal Planner and have been following it as closely as possible for my meals during the last week.  You can see my entire week of planned Induction meals HERE.

This was a decent basic meal but I was still a bit hungry afterwards since there's no sides.  Next time I will probably add a small side salad to accompany.  I used a pre-made frozen hamburger patty since I already had them in the freezer.  If you do, just make sure to check the ingredients for carby fillers or added sugars.  I also just pan fried instead of heating up the grill for just one burger. *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
1 serving
3.7 net carbs per serving
 oz
 
 
 tsp
 

Grill burger to desired degree of doneness.  Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms and onions in a skillet with 1 teaspoon of virgin olive oil until soft and onions are tender.  To serve, place burger on plate, top with onions and mushrooms and then cheese.


4 comments:

  1. This recipe is yummy and really very easy to make. My hubby loved it and usually he frowns at the thought of eating ground meat. Go figure! I loved it and I truly love burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you both enjoyed! It's hard to go wrong with onions, mushrooms and cheese. Might be even better with some bacon thrown on for good measure. :)

      Delete